Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Use and apply common functions of the Macintosh operating system.
- Use and apply common computer hardware and peripheral devices.
- Demonstrate proficiency with text entry and formatting operations.
- Use and apply an understanding of the tools, characteristics, uses and difference between raster and vector graphics.
- Demonstrate proficient use of font management software.
- Explain the concept of resolution and its relationship to sharpness, file size and color depth.
- Explain, compare and utilize scanners and cameras for resource acquisition.
- Explain, compare and utilize output devices such as monitors, speakers and printers.
- Explain, compare and utilize various file formats appropriately.
- Utilize email and web-browsing software for online research and communication.
- Create, modify and manage files and assets using common software applications.
- Create and publish simple page layouts, integrating text and graphics for print.
- Create and publish simple web pages.
- Create simple animations.
- Analyze and select the appropriate tools and processes for various tasks.
- Employ best practices in their work.