Hypertext Markup Language, Reader pg. 254-264 and pg. 268-272
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is the main markup language for web pages. HTML elements are the basic building-blocks of webpages.
Create a new ROOT Folder and move 2-3 web-ready images into this folder for practice.
IN CLASS EXERCISES (1)/OPEN LAB:
COPY THE “LESSON 1″ FOLDER
>HTML >READ ONLY
THIS EXERCISE IS NOT FOUND IN THE READER.
- Coding a Basic HTML page/part 1
- CREATE A NEW HTML ROOT Folder “yourname_html”
- You’ll be recreating the sample.pdf file.
Don’t worry about the details such as alignment and typeface.
- Copy all items from the Lesson 1 folder to YOUR HTML root/source folder:
- sample.pdf-see finished sample here
- ccsf_logo.jpg-incorporate into index.html
- banner.jpg-incorporate into index.html
TURN IN THE ENTIRE ROOT FOLDER TO THE DROP BOX WHEN DONE
Create a banner in PS or AI for your website. This image will appear at the top of all your webpages.
Recommended size: 955px x 175px
>File >Save for Web…yourname_banner